Boldo As Alternative Medicine
Boldo is an alternative medicine with a long history of use by the natives in
- It is used to expel intestinal worms and parasites.
- It is a treatment for digestive complaints such as heartburn, dyspepsia, indigestion, spasms and cramps.
- It is a remedy for constipation.
- It is effective in treating kidney and urinary tract infections.
- It is used to alleviate liver and gall bladder pain.
- It is a remedy for mild liver problems.
Boldo is available as tablets, capsules, extract and tinctures. It is not recommended for use by pregnant or nursing women. This herb is also not to be used by people with severe liver diseases or obstructed bile ducts. Boldo is an alternative medicine that is safe to use when taken in therapeutic doses.