Vervain As Alternative Medicine
Vervain is a Celtic alternative medicine used to getting rid of bladder stones from the body. This herb is also useful in treating a wide range of other health complaints.
- It is a remedy for liver disorders.
- It is a treatment for insomnia and post natal depression.
- It is effective in treating fatigue, exhaustion and anxiety.
- It is a pain killer for rheumatism, arthritic and joint pain.
- It is used to treat jaundice, irregular menses and gallstones.
- It is a tonic for the nervous system.
- It is a treatment for skin disorders such as eczema, insect bites, weeping sores and wounds.
- It is used to treat ear infections, bruises and sprains.
Vervain is safe when the recommended dosages are not exceeded. Excessive consumptions can cause vomiting. Pregnant or nursing women and children are advised to refrain from taking vervain. It is also not recommended for people with kidney or liver disorders. To treat ear infections, wounds and rheumatism a poultice is often applied. To help pass kidney stones an infusion is used. Vervain is still used as an alternative medicine by herbalists to treat kidney and gallstones today.