Couchgrass As Alternative Medicine
Since the first century couchgrass has been used as an alternative medicine. It is also known as dog grass and couch or bermudagrass in
- It is a treatment for urinary tract, prostate and bladder infections such as urethritis and cystitis.
- It is a remedy for gastrointestinal complaints.
- It is a recommended treatment for gout.
- It is effective in treating liver and kidney infections.
- It is often combined with other herbs to treat rheumatism.
Couchgrass is available either hulled or unhulled. It is a non-toxic herb with no side effects. Even dogs recognize it for its medicinal properties. Dogs eat it when they are sick. Couchgrass is one of the very few herbs that can be safely taken as an alternative medicine in large doses on a regular basis.