Wormwood As Alternative Medicine
The bitter plant wormwood has been used as an alternative medicine in ancient
- It is an anti-inflammatory and an effective remedy for jaundice, fever, infections, hepatitis and gall bladder inflammation.
- It is a sedative and useful for mild depression.
- It is effective for treating liver and stomach complaints.
- It is a tonic for the digestive system.
- It is a powerful treatment for bronchial problems and chills.
Wormwood can be taken as tablets, capsules, tea or tincture. It is safe without any significant side effects when taken in small doses. Standard safe dosage is 1 ml tincture 3 times a day. Wormwood is not recommended for long term use. It can be toxic if taken in high dosages. Nursing and pregnant women must not take wormwood.
This herb can decrease the effectiveness of some prescription drugs. It is also unsafe to take wormwood and consume alcohol at the same time. Wormwood is a powerful alternative medicine but also a potentially toxic herb.