Ginseng As Alternative Medicine
Ginseng has been used by the Chinese as an alternative medicine for more than 7000 years. In traditional Chinese medicine it is used to treat many health conditions.
- It boosts the immune system
- It detoxifies the body
- It helps to reduce memory loss over short period
- It increases testosterone levels in men
- It is also a sexual tonic for women
- It keeps the blood pressure and blood sugar normal
- It helps the body to recover from stress, fatigue and illnesses
- It is also used to protect from radiation and chemotherapy
Ginseng comes in the form of powder, tincture and capsules. You can also make a decoction by steeping few slices of ginseng in hot water. Ginseng does not contain any toxicity and has no side effects when taken in the right dosage.
It is not recommended for long term use without a break. Young children should not be given ginseng. It can also cause insomnia for some people when taken together with caffeine. Ginseng is another favorite alternative medicine for me; I often use it as a pick-me-up.