Beetroot As Alternative Medicine
Beetroot has a long history as an alternative medicine in different cultures. To the Romans it was a treatment for constipation and fever. In
- It keeps the body healthy by boosting the immune system.
- It eases haemorrhoids and constipation.
- This plant is a blood tonic and a treatment for anemia.
- It is a preventative for dementia, high blood pressure and Alzheimer's disease.
- This vegetable is a remedy for digestive disorders such as heartburn, acidity, gastritis and indigestion.
- It gives relief to headache and menstrual complaints.
You can take beetroot raw, cooked, boiled, steamed and as a juice or broth. It is safe with zero risks. However, due to its high sugar content it is not suitable for diabetics. As a decongestant it is best taken as a hot soup.
Beetroot juice is often recommended as an anti-cancer food by the alternative health industry. This is based on the cancer treatment success in the 1950’s by Hungarian physician Alexander Ferenczi. I must try to eat more beetroot because it is such a powerful alternative medicine.