Chamomile As Alternative Medicine
Since the times of ancient Egypt Chamomile has been used as an alternative medicine for a variety of ailments. It is best known as a calming agent.
- The sedative properties of Chamomile give relief to stress related complaints.
- It calms cramps, upset stomach and menstrual cramps.
- Chamomile alleviates headache and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- It is an excellent topical treatment for skin problems such as burns, eczema and varicose veins.
- It is beneficial for liver disorders such as jaundice and swelling.
- Chamomile is a valuable treatment for digestive problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, gas, dyspepsia, travel sickness, colitis and diarrhea.
Chamomile is safe and mild enough for babies and young children. Nursing and pregnant women can take this herb without any risks. However, anyone who is allergic to ragweed must not use Chamomile. This herb belongs to the same family as ragweed.
Chamomile is available as tea, capsules, tablets, tea bags and liquid. Usually you drink it as a tea between meals three to four times daily. I have to start drinking Chamomile tea more often because I have a rather stressful job. Chamomile is indeed the alternative medicine for calming your nerves.