Fennel As Alternative Medicine
Since the times of ancient
- It is a decongestant that helps to loosen phlegm.
- It is a treatment for skin disorders and conjunctivitis.
- It stimulates the production of milk in nursing mothers.
- It aids digestion and gives relief to indigestion, heartburn, spasm, wind, stomachaches and dyspepsia.
- It helps to break down kidney stones and also eases the pain.
- It can alleviate nausea, fever and pain.
- It is used as an ingredient in herbal medicine to balance hormones in menopausal women.
- Fennel tea bags put over eyelids can soothe inflammation and can improve eye sight.
Fennel is very safe for everyone even infants. It is often used to treat infant colic. Fennel can either be fed to the baby directly or taken by the nursing mother. This herb comes in the form of tinctures, capsules, tea and liquid extract. You can make a cup of fennel tea by steeping a teaspoon of the tea in 150 ml of boiling water for about 20 minutes. Standard dosage is three times a day of this brewed tea. Very often we are not aware that a common vegetable such as fennel is also a very valuable alternative medicine.