Cleavers As Alternative Medicine
Cleavers is an alternative medicine that has been used for centuries by the natives in many countries. It is also known as clivers, goose grass or bedstraw. In ancient times it was used mainly as a diuretic.
- It is a remedy for insomnia.
- It is effective in treating skin disorders such as psoriasis, burns, ulcers, sores, eczema, rashes, acne and wounds.
- It is a treatment for urinary disorders such as urinary tract infection.
- It is used to treat bladder and kidney complaints such as kidney stones, bladder infection and prostatitis.
- It is an effective treatment for swollen lymph glands and festering glands.
- It cleans the body of toxic wastes through sweating.
- It purifies the blood and keeps the blood vessels healthy.
- It is a topical treatment for fibrocystic breasts.
- It is a natural deodorant.
- It can control dandruff.
Cleavers is available as tea and tinctures. It is an herb that can be taken over a long period without adverse effect. It can also be used as a facial wash. For skin infections, bleeding and inflammation fresh leaves are applied onto the affected areas. People who are on diuretic medication must not take this herb at the same time. Cleavers is still used widely today as an alternative medicine by herbalists.