Buchu As Alternative Medicine
Buchu is an ancient alternative medicine used in
- It is a remedy for urinary tract infections such as painful urination.
- It regulates blood sugar levels.
- It is used to treat kidney problems such as gallstones.
- It is a treatment for yeast infections.
- It is effective in alleviating PMS bloating.
- It is used for treating prostate incontinence.
- It eases inflammation and pain associated with gout and rheumatism.
Buchu is available as tea, tincture and capsules. It is considered a safe herb with no toxicity. Buchu vinegar is made by steeping fresh sprigs in white vinegar. This vinegar is great for cleaning wounds. For prostate disorders use the leaves. To treat urinary tract infections take the herb as a tea. For gout or rheumatism pains a poultice or tea is excellent.
Buchu is not recommended for those who suffer from any kidney infections and disorders such as painful urination and blood in urine. Side effects include diarrhea, stomach upset, kidney irritation and menstrual irregularity. It is also not to be taken by pregnant or nursing women.
This herb is a popular ingredient in many herbal diuretic formulas sold. In