Costus As Alternative Medicine
Costus is an alternative medicine used by the Chinese and Indians for centuries. In
- It is a remedy for gastric disorders such as diarrhea, bloating and stomach ache.
- It is a treatment for mild skin irritations.
- It is used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat asthma and coughs.
- Its roots are used to expel parasites.
it is a remedy for emotional weakness. Tibet
it is inhaled to clear the bronchial passages. India
- It eases pain associated with rheumatism.
Costus is available as extracts, powders or infusions at Asian markets and specialty stores. Amount to be taken is related to the condition that requires treatment. It is a non toxic herb without any known drug interactions. It can sometimes bring on skin irritation when used externally especially in sensitive individuals. The dried roots of costus are still used as an alternative medicine to give relief to symptoms associated with intestinal disorders.