Basil As Alternative Medicine
Basil is well known as an herb but not as an alternative medicine. In Roman legend it was used to counter the venom from the Fire Dragon – Basilisk. In Indian Ayurvedic medicine this herb is a treatment for snakebites and many other ailments.
- It alleviates earache and headache.
- It is a treatment for indigestion, stomach disorders such as cramps, stomachache and vomiting.
- It is a skin problems and thrush remedy.
- It relieves constipation.
- It is effective for cough, fever, chills, colds and flu.
- Basil tea is effective eyewash for tired eyes.
- It eases menstrual pains.
When used as a medicine basil is usually taken as an infusion. It is safe, non toxic with zero side effects. Herbalists have used basil infusion to treat bad breath, stomach cramps and digestion problems for years.
Before we use any herbal treatments, we should be fully informed and be aware of any possible reactions and side effects. Taking herb as an infusion is very potent. Some herbs generally do not affect others may cause an allergy in you. If you have any concerns consult your health doctors. Basil is more than an herb for seasoning it is also an economical and powerful alternative medicine.