Horseradish As Alternative Medicine
Horseradish is a common condiment and an alternative medicine. It is an ancient herb that dates back to biblical times. This herb was one of the bitter herbs used during the Jewish Passover.
- It is a tonic for the liver and the spleen.
- It is effective in expelling worms in children.
- It is used to treat food poisoning.
- It clears the skin of blemishes and spots.
- It gives relief for rheumatism, arthritis and gout.
- It is an excellent remedy for sinus and lung congestion.
- It is a treatment for kidney infections and kidney stones.
Horseradish is available as capsules, tincture and tea. The standard dosage in tincture form is 2 or 3 ml three times a day. It is an herb that is safe to use over long term. Poultice can be used to heal infected wounds. Expecting or nursing women and young children should avoid taking this herb. Those people who suffer from peptic ulcer and gastritis should also refrain from using it.
I have personally used this herb for my sinus problem with satisfactory results. It is very often combined with garlic. Horseradish is an alternative medicine for many health disorders but its value is still greatly undervalued.