Plantain As Alternative Medicine
Plantain is an ancient alternative medicine used by the North American Indians with yarrow to treat internal bleeding. It is also known as ‘White man’s foot’ in many countries such as
- It is a remedy for enlarged prostate.
- It is a treatment for stomach complaints such as peptic ulcers, gastritis, irritable bowel, diarrhea and dysentery.
- It is excellent for chest congestion, bronchitis and coughs.
- It is used to treat impotence in males in Chinese Traditional Medicine.
- It is a diuretic effective for the treatment of urinary tract infection.
- It is a very powerful poisons antidote such as bee sting.
- It is a remedy for skin disorders such as wounds, bruises and rashes.
You can buy plantain in capsules or liquid extract form from health food stores. Standard dosage for liquid is one teaspoonful 3 times a day or 6000 milligrams per day in capsules. For bee sting or insect bite apply its juice onto the affected area to soothe and heal. It is a very safe herb with hardly any side effects and can be taken over long period.