Hawthorn As Alternative Medicine
Hawthorn is one of
- It is a treatment for high blood pressure.
- It reduces the build up of cholesterol and fats in the blood.
- It is used as a remedy for insomnia and nervousness.
- Use it as a gargle for sore throat.
- It helps to protect joints from damage due to arthritic inflammation
- It gives relief to indigestion and bloating.
- It is a diuretic and a treatment for bladder and kidney stones.
You can buy hawthorn in liquid, capsules, tinctures, extracts and tea from health food stores. It normally takes six to eight weeks to feel the effects. This herb is safe when used over a short period. However, for angina it must be taken over a longer period. Children must not take hawthorn as a remedy. Some possible side effects are dizziness, palpitations, headache and gastrointestinal upsets. This herb can react with blood pressure and heart prescription drugs.
Hawthorn is a popular herb used by herbalists worldwide to promote normal heart functions and circulation. In Ayurvedic medicine it is used to strengthen muscle of the heart and to improve blood flow. Clinical studies show that hawthorn is an effective alternative medicine for cardiovascular disorders in the early stages.