Stinging Nettle As Alternative Medicine
For centuries herbalists have used stinging nettle as an alternative medicine to treat many health disorders. It is one of the most highly regarded herbs for medicinal purposes. Every part of this plant can be used as medicine and better result is achieved with the leaves than the root.
- It is a remedy for urinary tract inflammation and kidney stones.
- It is a treatment for baldness.
- It is used for treating digestive disorders such as diarrhea, indigestion and dysentery.
- It is an effective remedy for gout, arthritis and rheumatism.
- It is used to treat hay fever, asthma and allergies.
- It is a treatment for poor circulation and anemia.
- It is used as a remedy for high blood pressure.
- Its root is often used with other herbs such as saw palmetto to treat benign prostate enlargement.
- Due to its high content of iodine, it is a treatment for goiter.
Stinging nettle is available in the form of tea, dried leaves and root tincture. Standard dosage is between 50 to 100 mg twice a day. To treat wounds, eczema, burns and insect bites use this herb as a wash. An infusion is used to treat diarrhea, kidney inflammation and hemorrhoids. This herb is non toxic when the dosage is adhered to. Today in