Cowslip As Alternative Medicine
Do you know that cowslip a food of the wild rabbits is also used as an alternative medicine? It is a very versatile herb that is effective in treating a range of ailments. Cowslip is usually used together with other herbs.
- It is a diuretic that can give relief to kidney disorders
- It is a treatment for nervousness and related trembling.
- It is combined with Lady’s Slipper and Skullcap to treat anxiety.
- It is used with Coltsfoot as a remedy for respiratory complaints such as pneumonia, coughs, mucous congestion, bronchitis and colds.
- It is often used with Valerian Root as a treatment for hysteria.
- When combined with Passion Flower and Hops it is a remedy for insomnia, headache and nervous tension.
Cowslip is available as powder, tea bags and leaves from most health food stores. To make a tea from the flowers brew 2 teaspoonfuls of petals and steep for about 15 minutes. An infusion can also be made from the root. Just add 1 teaspoonful of the root into 250 ml of water and bring it to the boil. Cowslip works best as an alternative medicine when blended with other herbs.