Knotgrass As Alternative Medicine
Knotgrass is one of the oldest alternative medicines for inflammation of joints and arthritis. This herb has been used in Chinese medicine for more than 2000 years as a diuretic. Every part of the plant can be used as medicine.
- It is a preventative for kidney stones.
- It is a remedy for carpal tunnel syndrome, fibrosis and gout.
- It is a treatment for dysentery, haemorrhoids and diarrhea.
- It is effective in stopping nosebleeds, reducing heavy menstruation and staunching bleeding wounds.
- It is used to expel intestinal worms in Chinese medicine.
- It is an effective treatment for gastrointestinal tract and gallbladder inflammations.
Knotgrass can be used internally and externally. It is available as tea and dried form. This herb should be taken for at least six months to get the full benefits. For bruises and stiff joints use it as a poultice. It can also be used topically to treat baldness. The root if taken in large doses can induce vomiting. Knotgrass is a versatile alternative medicine but it is best known for pain relief in joints.