Safflower As Alternative Medicine
Safflower is an alternative medicine with a history of over 3500 years. Its flowers are used to cure many diseases such as heart disease, hypertension, and sterility in male, respiratory diseases and infertility in females.
- It is a remedy for liver disorders such as jaundice.
- Its flowers are an effective treatment for fevers, measles and skin rashes.
- It eases menstrual complaints such as period pain.
- It promotes blood circulation and alleviates pain and swelling in joints.
- It is a bladder cleanser.
- It is a sedative to treat panic attacks and hysteria.
- It promotes good digestion.
- It is an excellent expectorant to remove phlegm from the lungs.
- It clears uric acid deposits and other toxins from the body.
Safflower is available as capsule, tea, extract and liquid. This herb should not be used by pregnant women. Anyone that has a bleeding disorder should also not to take it in excessive amount. Its flowers can be used on its own or in combination with other herbs. A hot safflower tea is often used to ease colds and flu symptoms. Safflower is an alternative medicine that has also been used in Chinese medicine to treat thrombotic disorders and coronary disease.