Yellow Dock As Alternative Medicine
Yellow Dock is an alternative medicine used for purifying blood since ancient times. It is a plant that belongs to the buckwheat family. Today it is used to treat a variety of health complaints by herbalists.
- It is excellent for skin disorders such as eczema, rashes, leprosy, psoriasis, ringworm, hives, acne and cradle cap.
- It is a treatment for constipation and diarrhea.
- It is a remedy for anemia.
- It is a treatment for poor nails and hair.
- It cleanses toxic wastes from the body such as from the kidneys, intestines, liver and lymph glands.
- It is used to treat hepatitis and some cases of jaundice.
- It inhibits the growth of E Coli and Staph bacteria.
- It is a remedy for heavy menstruation.
Yellow dock root is available as tinctures, capsules, tablets and extract. Nursing or pregnant women are advised not to take this herb. It is also not recommended for people who suffer from kidney stones or bowel obstruction. Do not use this herb at the same time with any laxatives. Standard dosage is 1000 mg twice a day in capsule form. It is often combined with other herbs such as burdock and dandelion. For the treatment of psoriasis it is mixed with burdock, figwort, oregon grape root, dandelion root and sarsaparilla. It is commonly used as a tea. Excessive dosages or prolonged use will deplete the body’s potassium levels. Today yellow dock remains the best alternative medicine for building and purifying blood in the body.