Saw Palmetto As Alternative Medicine
Saw palmetto is an alternative medicine best known for the treatment of an enlarged prostate. Clinical studies have shown that it works on the prostate gland to maintain a healthy prostate. However, saw palmetto is also beneficial for other health complaints.
- It is an expectorant and effective in treating bronchitis, coughs, asthma and chest congestion.
- Saw palmetto treats hair loss and baldness in both male and female.
- It is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
- It is a diuretic and a treatment for bladder problems.
- It helps with hormone imbalances, pelvic pain and decreased sex drive.
Saw palmetto is available in the form of capsules, tablets and liquid. The standard dosage is 320 mg per day. Saw palmetto is safe, non-toxic and inexpensive. It is not known to react with any drugs. Today saw palmetto remains a popular alternative medicine for prostate care.