Slippery Elm As Alternative Medicine
The use of Slippery elm as an alternative medicine is often forgotten. In fact it is a very useful herb for a range of health disorders. It is one of the herbs found in the cancer treatment formulation Essiac.
- It is a natural remedy for gastritis, diarrhea, peptic and duodenal ulcers.
- It is an effective anti-inflammatory treatment for asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, tonsillitis and cystitis.
- It has the ability to expel tapeworms from the human body.
- It acts as a lubricant for the digestive tract and gives relief to constipation.
- It is useful for treating irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion and haemorrhoids.
Slippery elm is available as tablets, capsules and tincture. It is a safe herb to take with nil side effects. Babies, the elderly, nursing and pregnant women can take the herb without any risks. It can also help those who suffer from colic and reflux. Slippery elm is indeed an effective alternative medicine that we should value.