Turmeric As Alternative Medicine
Turmeric is a spice that has been used as an alternative medicine for more than 2000 years. The Indians use turmeric in all their cooking and also as a home remedy for various skin diseases.
- Turmeric is an effective treatment for inflammation of the throat, stomach, lungs and intestines.
- It is an antispasmodic for stomach and menstrual cramping.
- It is used to treat cough, bronchitis and asthma.
- Turmeric is also an effective anti-depressant to counter depression.
- It is a valuable antiseptic for burns and cuts.
- In Ayurveda medicine it is used to treat bleeding problems, hysteria and epilepsy.
- It is also an effective treatment for gallstones, heartburn and stomach ulcers.
- Turmeric helps to prevent osteoporosis and control bone loss.
Turmeric is safe and has fewer side effects than some common pain killers. It is best taken on an empty stomach to get its full potential. Avoid taking turmeric with prescription drugs for blood thinning.
Turmeric is gaining popularity everyday as an alternative medicine when more people are aware of its healing properties.